Monday, 13 February 2012

The Science of Waiting


Oh the horrors of writers’ block! It attacks unscrupulously; it kills off the few functional brain cells left in one’s mind, it makes a nest of boredom and lays eggs of unproductivity in the now empty skull of the host. During the development of these eggs, the host experiences debilitating (more like annoying, but let’s stay with the drama) symptoms such as repeated head scratching, prolonged periods of inactivity, repeated sighing and intermittent forehead-bashing on study desks. Scourge of scourges, it leaves poets in tears, authors in stress-mode brought on by die-hard publishers, song writers uninspired and bloggers with nothing to write about!

DAMN YOU, WRITERS BLOCK!!

~End Scene~

Yes ladies and gentlemen, my four week hiatus was as a result of scientific writers’ block: I could write on every other topic except science. Scientific progress was aplenty, but I just didn’t know how to WRITE IT UP. No, it has NOT improved.

So I’ll write on a topic of a different kind: scientific in nature but not quite in the way you would expect…

I shall write on the science of WAITING. (You shall feel the pain of writers’ block too.)

As I type this (because I pre-type my articles way before I post them), I am dying of boredom at home. There are two days before lectures and labs start and I am ITCHING to get back to work already. I’ve called my mother several times today ALONE (she told me to read a book when I called the third time in an hour… She then told me to write one when I called her again… And told me to stop calling her when I told her I had finished writing…) and my little cousin is sick of playing with me (he’s three. Three year olds never get sick of playing. The extent of my boredom should now be apparent).

So I took to reading my new second year textbooks, which proved to be really reaaally fun!  Yes, best couple of days of my life I tell you. I got so excited about the various lab practicals I was going to be doing, how I was finally FINALLY FINALLY FIIIIINALLY  going to be doing some legit work in the labs, growing cultures, testing samples, doing some genetic engineering and possibly creating a monstrosity of nature...! Mwahahahahahahaaaa!

Then I got bored. Then I started typing up this article. (Fwahahahaha!)

Ahhhhhh.... So ends another article, no doubt the single most annoying article you have ever read.

 At least YOU didn’t WRITE it.

Damn writers’ block.

1 comment:

  1. :) Kombawa! :) I am officially following your blog now, so I can keep tabs on you and stalk you publically like a good friend should XD mwhahahaha XD

    ReplyDelete